Join our 1642 wine club to enjoy your choice of Bangor wine posted to your door.
- 4 x 12 bottle cases per year
- Club mail-out times are in March, June, Sept and late Nov each year
- Choose your own selection of wines when we email you in March, June, Sept & late Nov. If we don't hear from you within 7 days, you will be automatically posted the wine club pack for that order
- 15% discount on all wine purchased through the wine club, online store and in Bangor Shed
- 15% discount on meals at Bangor Shed
- Free postage on all wine Australia-wide
- Members only access to our rare museum stock of wine
- Private invitations to exclusive wine club events throughout the year, including release events.
- Exclusive pre-release offers
- Complimentary wine tasting in Bangor Shed
- One free wine tasting and walk through the vines experience each year. By appointment.
- Free access to the Bangor property for self-guided day walks to Tasman monument, Lagoon Bay and Cape Frederick Hendrick, Jimmy’s Hill. By appointment.
- Complimentary membership.
To join the 1642 Wine Club, select this wine club option in the online store, then choose your first 12 wines. We'll post them out to you and email your membership information.
The Story Behind the Name
The 1642 Wine Club has been named in honour of Abel Tasman’s visit to Bangor’s northern coastline in December 1642. Tasman Bay is the site where Abel Tasman planted the Dutch flag on December 3rd, 1642. The Dunbabin family manage Tasman Bay for its cultural and natural heritage. The area is protected as part of Bangor's 2,100 hectare network of conservation reserves. Today, the shoreline of Bangor remains largely unchanged, and looks very similar to that explored by Tasman in 1642.
Terms and Conditions and FAQ about the Club
By joining the 1642 Wine club you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- Choose any mix of Bangor’s wines. For the museum wines, there are restrictions on the number of bottles that can be purchased per member. Our range of available wines changes from season to season.
- Members are entitled to a 15% discount on all wine purchased through the wine club, online store and in Bangor Vineyard Shed, and a 15% discount on meals and wine at Bangor Vineyard Shed (applied to the first 4 people in your group).
- Select your first mix of 12 Bangor Wines when you first join the club. We will post these out to you free of charge. We will be in contact via email with information about the Club, and about how to register for the Wine Club Members Area of the Bangor Website.
- If you prefer to receive your Wine Club information by telephone, please lets us know by calling Vanessa (0418 594 362) or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By joining you are ordering a case of wine (12 bottles of wine), and thereafter a case of wine in every subsequent quarterly release date until cancellation under these terms.
- We will contact you by email to confirm your next selection. Choose your own selection of wines when we email you in March, June, Sept and late Nov. If we don't hear from you within 7 days, you will be automatically posted the wine club pack for that order and your credit card deducted.
- Members may cancel their order at any time by written notice only, but such cancelation will only take effect after your fourth quarterly wine delivery has occurred (minimum purchase of 48 bottles).
- Freight is complementary for all Wine Club members. Delivery of wine is taken to have occurred to you on dispatch to the courier from our cellar.
- Members of this club are entitled to one free wine tasting and walk through the vines experience each year. By appointment only (11am and 3pm daily). Call Bangor Shed on (03)62535558, or email at email@example.com. 2 people free, and members can bring a group of as many people as they like to share in the experience (there is a charge for additional people).
- Members are entitled to free standard wine tasting in Bangor Shed any time. During business hours. Valid for the member and 1 guest. Appointments not necessary, but we do recommend bookings on weekends and public holidays. Call Bangor Shed on (03)62535558.
- By registering as a Wine Club member, you:
- authorise us to debit you nominated credit card, or replacement card with the cost of your wine deliveries as they occur each quarter, and in that regard, we may debit your card on the day of release of the relevant quarterly wine series (7 days after email notification to you);
- acknowledge that you will automatically receive your wine deliveries each quarter;
- acknowledge that you may only cancel your quarterly wine deliveries after the fourth quarterly wine delivery has occurred (or 48 bottles purchased); and
- acknowledge that we may keep your credit card details securely on file.
- Members are obliged to notify Bangor of any change to delivery address or credit card details.
- Members must be 18 years of age or older.
- Bangor complies with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988 as amended.
- You give Bangor permission to contact you via mail/phone/email.
- Bangor reserves the right to vary these terms and conditions. Should the terms and conditions change, Members will be notified via the email address provided. Should there be no objection to the varied terms and conditions, those will be taken to have been accepted by you.
Click HERE for more information