1830 Wine Club - Terms and conditions
Join our 1830 wine club to enjoy your choice of Bangor wine posted to your door.
- Order 2 x 12 bottle cases per year.
- Club mail-out times are in June and late Nov each year.
- Choose your own selection of wines when we email you in June and Nov. If we don't hear from you within 10 days, you will be automatically posted the wine club pack for that order and your card deducted (not more than $440).
- 5% discount on all wine purchased through the wine club, online store and in Bangor Vineyard Shed.
- 5% discount on meals and wine at Bangor Vineyard Shed.
- Free postage Australia-wide.
- Members-only access to our rare museum stock of wine.
- Exclusive pre-release offers.
- Private invitations to exclusive wine club events throughout the year, including release events.
- Free access to the Bangor property for self-guided day walks to the Tasman Monument, Jimmy's Hill, Lagoon Bay and Cape Frederick Hendrick. By appointment.
- Complimentary wine tasting in Bangor Shed.
- Stay at Bangor - exclusive access to Bangor Cottage.
The Story Behind the Name
The 1830 Wine Club has been named in honour of John Dunbabin, a tenant farmer from the Bangor region of Wales who was convicted of horse stealing, and was transported to Van Diemen's Land, arriving in Hobart Town, December 1830. Having narrowly escaped the hangman's noose, he was determined to make the most of his opportunities. Through sheer hard work, John earned his freedom and bought his own land, paving the way for seven generations of farming by the Dunbabin family in Tasmania, and five generations of farming at Bangor.
Terms and Conditions and FAQ about the Club
- Choose any mix of Bangor’s wines. For the museum wines, there are restrictions on the number of bottles that can be purchased per member. Our range of available wines changes from season to season.
- Members are entitled to a 5% discount on all wine purchased through the wine club, online store and in Bangor Vineyard Shed, and a 5% discount on meals and wine at Bangor Vineyard Shed (applied to the first 4 people in your group).
- Select your first mix of 12 Bangor Wines when you first join the club. We will post these out to you free of charge. We will be in contact via email with information about the Club, and about how to register for the Wine Club Members Area of the Bangor Website.
- If you prefer to receive your Wine Club information by telephone, please lets us know by calling Vanessa (0418 594 362) or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By joining you are ordering a case of wine (12 bottles of wine), and thereafter a case of wine in every subsequent half yearly release date until cancellation under these terms.
- We will contact you by email to confirm your next selection. Choose your own selection of wines when we email you in June and Nov. If we don't hear from you within 7 days, you will be automatically posted the wine club pack for that order and your credit card deducted (not more than $440).
- Members may cancel their order at any time by written notice only, but such cancelation will only take effect after your second half yearly wine delivery has occurred.
- Members are entitled to free standard wine tasting in Bangor Shed any time. Bookings not necessary, but we do recommend bookings on weekends and public holidays. Call Bangor Shed on (03) 62535558.
- By registering as a Wine Club member, you:
- authorise us to debit you nominated credit card, or replacement card with the cost of your wine deliveries as they occur half yearly, and in that regard, we may debit your card on the day of release of the relevant half yearly wine series (7 days after email notification to you);
- acknowledge that you will automatically receive your wine deliveries half yearly;
- acknowledge that you may only cancel your half yearly wine deliveries after your second half yearly wine delivery has occurred; and
- acknowledge that we may keep your credit card details securely on file.
- Members are obliged to notify Bangor of any change to delivery address or credit card details.
- Members must be 18 years of age or older.
- Bangor complies with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988 as amended.
- You give Bangor permission to contact you via mail/phone/email.
- Bangor reserves the right to vary these terms and conditions. Should the terms and conditions change, Members will be notified via the email address provided. Should there be no objection to the varied terms and conditions, those will be taken to have been accepted by you.
For more information click HERE